Parish Life at Immaculate Heart
Spiritual & Liturgical Ministries
- LECTORS proclaim the Word of God at Sunday and daily Mass
- CANTORS lead the congregation in the chanting of the mass parts and leading the hymns
- EUCHARISTIC MINISTERS serve as Extra-ordinary Ministers of the Eucharist at weekend and Holy Day Masses and special occasions
- ALTAR SERVERS fourth grade and older are welcome to participate in this special ministry
- MINISTERS OF HOSPITALITY (Ushers and Greeters) welcome worshipers and collect the offertory at Mass.
- RELIGIOUS EDUCATION/YOUTH MINISTRY/EDGE takes place in union with Beloved Disciple Parish and includes bi-weekly education and activities throughout the school year including preparation for First Reconciliation, First Communion and Confirmation. Once a month the Immaculate Heart hosts Family Days on a Sunday where we gather as a parish family to learn together and discuss the faith.
- RCIA (Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults) welcomes Catechumens and Candidates interested in full participation in the Catholic Faith. Please contact the office for more information.
- PRE-CANA is offered yearly to members of the Erie Diocese preparing for the Sacrament of Marriage
Within our parish community, we offer many different opportunities for prayer. Before our 5:00 PM Saturday Vigil Mass, we offer the recitation of the Rosary.
On Wednesdays from 5pm – 7pm, our parish has the oppotunity to participate in Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament. We encourage everyone to take advantage of this opportunity. Please check the bulletin for our updated weekly schedule for any changes.
Adult Faith Formation
Continued learning about our faith is an important part of our role as church. Faith formation opportunities are offered in the Fall and during Lent on a variety of topics designed to enhance the faith experience and understanding of adult Catholics. The format is Lecture/ video experience and often small group interaction.
Homebound & Nursing Home
Immaculate Heart offers monthly visits by clergy and Eucharistic Ministers.
Mass is celebrated at the following Nursing Home
- Avalon Springs on the Third Friday of the Month at 10:30 AM
If there is an emergency, please call the parish office immediately.
Other opportunities are available, please contact the parish office to schedule an appointment.
Social & Outreach Ministries
Our Sharing Shed provides food and other essential items to our local community. The Sharing Shed is available on the Second and Fourth Saturdays of the month from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM.
This outreach ministry of our parish is an extremely important ministry so that we can continue to share the Good News with those who are less fortunate, to share what God has blessed us with so that others can proclaim His Good News too.
Our Fundraising Committee is dedicated to helping maintain our parish community by creating opportunities for our community to gather and support our church.
Al‑Anon is a mutual support program for people whose lives have been affected by someone else’s drinking. By sharing common experiences and applying the Al-Anon principles, families and friends of alcoholics can bring positive changes to their individual situations, whether or not the alcoholic admits the existence of a drinking problem or seeks help.
Al-Anon meets Wednesdays at 8:00 PM in our Parish Learning Center. Entrance is by the Sharing Shed.
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of people who come together to solve their drinking problem. It doesn’t cost anything to attend A.A. meetings. There are no age or education requirements to participate. Membership is open to anyone who wants to do something about their drinking problem.
A.A.’s primary purpose is to help alcoholics to achieve sobriety.
A.A. meets Tuesdays at 7:30 PM and Wednesdays at 8:00 PM in Gallagher Hall, the Parish Social Hall located under our church.
Knights of Columbus
The Knights of Columbus is an international Catholic men’s organization with approximately two million members dedicated to serving the Catholic Church.
Monthly meetings are held throughout the year to discuss business, distribute funding and facilitate fellowship among the Brother Knights.