Remember Immaculate Heart of Mary Parish
A legacy gift is the greatest gift you can give to your parish. We are here to help you plan how best to remember Immaculate Heart through planned giving. Planned gifts provide the resources that create extraordinary opportunities and preserve Immaculate Heart’s future. The programs of Immaculate Heart depend upon your goodwill. To that end, there are a myriad of gift options from which you can choose – from naming Immaculate Heart Parish as a beneficiary in your will to a more complex trust arrangement.
We’ve created this easy-to-understand webpage to tell you about creative giving strategies – strategies that enhance your and your family’s well being, as well as provide the resources necessary to keep Immaculate Heart of Mary as the center of Mercer’s Catholic faith and primary education.
For more information or to discuss your planned giving options, please contact the parish office.
Gifts anyone can afford
- Did you know there are ways to support Immaculate Heart that don’t affect your current lifestyle or your family’s security?
- You can make a gift that costs you nothing during your lifetime.
- You can make a gift that leaves your cash flow and current financial planning unchanged. You don’t have to use cash to make your gift; you can “buy low and give high” by making your gift with appreciated securities instead.
- You can give an asset you no longer need or want.
The best place to learn about all of these is from your trusted financial advisors – your accountant, lawyer, or asset manager.
Popular Giving Arrangements
Gifts From Your Will or Trust
Need to preserve your assets during your lifetime? You can plan a gift to us that will only take effect after your other obligations have ceased.
Give us assets subject to double taxation, then leave more to your family.
Take advantage of appreciated securities without incurring capital gains tax.
You don’t need a large estate to make a significant gift to us. You can leverage your dollars for a larger gift.
A valuable asset you can donate in exchange for powerful tax benefits and even an income stream for you and/or your loved ones.
You can give us many kinds of personal property that enhance our mission and provide tax benefits to you.
Gifts that pay you income
A gift to Immaculate Heart that returns payments to you?
Yes the IRS allows and encourages these creative plans that can stretch your giving ability. Here’s how they work:
Your gift to Immaculate Heart goes into an account that pays income to you and/or other beneficiaries for life. When there are no remaining beneficiaries, the balance in the gift account is paid over to us for the purposes that you specified when you set up your gift.
- An additional source of lifetime income for you, your spouse or other significant persons.
- A potential increase in the income you are currently receiving from your investments.
- An immediate tax deduction for a portion of your gift.
- No capital gains tax due at the transfer of appreciated assets to your gift plan
What life-income gift best fits your needs?
Charitable Gift Annuity
You want secure, stable income and a high rate of return. Your gift can be in cash or stock.
Deferred Gift Annuity
As a younger donor still in high-earnings years, you are still saving for retirement and also trying to lower your income tax.
You want the flexibility to invest and manage your gift plan, and also the security of stable income.
You want maximum flexibility over the investment and benefits of your gift plan.
Gifts that protect your assets
Increased income may not be your primary objective. Instead, you may be wondering how you will deal with some highly appreciated property or a growing family business as your needs and lifestyle change.
Will taxes consume much of the value that you have worked so hard to grow? Will anything be left for you and your family?
There are several plans that help you keep control of your assets, or transfer them, at less cost to you and to make a gift at the same time.
Here are some of the benefits you can take advantage of:
- You can donate your home, continue to live in it, and get a tax deduction.
- You can contribute rental property, continue to draw rents, and get a tax deduction.
- You can receive a sum of cash in return for your gift, and apply the cash towards any financial need.
- You can greatly reduce the estate and capital-gain tax cost of passing appreciating assets on to your children.
We can show you creative ways to use those assets to benefit Immaculate Heart, while at the same time preserving the benefits of those assets for yourself and your family.
Popular Giving Arrangements
Charitable Bargain Sale
Your lifestyle is changing. You want to make a gift to us, but you also need cash to meet your obligations, or an assured stream of income for retirement.
Retained Life Estate
Your home is your biggest asset. How can you make a gift to us and still keep on living there?
Charitable Lead Trust
Your hard work has paid off and your business is growing. How can you preserve some of its value for your children?